[systemd-devel] systemd-networkd + VLANs problems

Oleksii Shevchuk alxchk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 23:39:37 PST 2014

Hello, list.

So, I try to use VLANs feature introduced to systemd-networkd/git two
weeks ago (54abf461d6b10dc270c4bb2aeac65f240ff1c5cd).

I want to have next layout:

Links:

1. Eth
1.1 Vlan1
1.2 Vlan2 (Ring1)
2. Bridge (Ring0)
2.1 Vlan2

Networks:

1. Vlan1
2. Bridge

So, I try next configs:

> cat Ring0.netdev
[NetDev]
Name=br0
Kind=bridge

> cat Ring1.netdev
[NetDev]
Name=vlan2
Kind=vlan

[VLAN]
Id=2

> cat LocalLink.network
[Match]
Name=vlan2

[Network]
Bridge=br0

.. and some other .network configs with IP configuration.

At this point, nothing works -- no vlan links were created. So, I grep
sources, and find out the Network.VLAN option (note - missing in man
page). So I add some more configs:

> cat Switch1.network
[Match]
Name=net1

[Network]
VLAN=vlan1

> cat Switch2.network
[Match]
Name=net1

[Network]
VLAN=vlan2

At this point I have successfully running/configured vlan1, but not
vlan2.

Then I manually create and up vlan2 with iproute2. At this point device
were up, but systemd-networkd didn't put it to bridge.

So, the question is: how should I configure this layout with two vlans
on one ethernet, where one of vlans is bridged?

// wbr
// Oleksii Shevchuk