[systemd-devel] /run needs to be mounted? ugh.

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Tue Feb 11 11:02:18 PST 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> devtmpfs does not give you notifications when devices appear. If you
> want to generically wait for the right LUKS device to show up, you need
> something like udev in the mix, which provides you with notifications
> for this...

My drivers are compiled into my kernel, and the kernel is on the same
drive (though a different partition) as the one that's going to be
cryptsetup'd. Things work super well and super simply. It's very
minimal. As far as I can see with my particular setup, there are no
potential races either. Cryptsetup itself works fine without the udev
hooks, as the mapped device node is created before luksOpen exits.