[systemd-devel] kdbus and 32bit architectures

Peeters Simon peeters.simon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 11:34:31 PST 2014

hej

This weekend I switched 2 of my devices to kdbus. both running a 32bit
system (my atom based netbook and a beaglebone black)

while compiling I ran in to trouble on both devices because of missing
division and modulo operations for uint64, both related to bloom.size
in match.c.

So my question is: is it really necessary for bloom.size to be a
uint64? I can not imagine any use case for bloom sizes exceeding
UINT32_MAX.
I am not sure what the proper fix would be, I temporary fixed this by
casting bloom.size to uint32 where needed, and this works.

I also noted that in kdbus.h (while compiling kdbus itself) ioctl.h
does not get included resulting in missing definitions for _IO() and
family. (at least on arm)

For the rest kdbus works great! thanks!

Simon