[systemd-devel] Compilation error on Debian

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Feb 20 04:57:11 PST 2014

On Thu, 20.02.14 09:59, Holger Schurig (holgerschurig at gmail.com) wrote:

>   CC     src/core/libsystemd_core_la-namespace.lo
> src/core/namespace.c: In function 'setup_netns':
> src/core/namespace.c:495:17: warning: implicit declaration of function
> 'setns' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
> src/core/namespace.c:495:17: warning: nested extern declaration of
> 'setns' [-Wnested-externs]

setns() is not defined in your glibc version. We could surely add a
syscall wrapper for that to src/shared/missing.h. We already do that for
name_to_handle_at(), fanotify, pivot_root(), gettid(). Hence I don't see
why we couldn't add that for setns() too. You'd have to prep the patch
though, as I don't have such an old glibc to test against around. You
find a lot of inspiration in the current missing.h.