[systemd-devel] Failure to mount partitions on startup since v209

Patrick Steinhardt ps at pks.im
Tue Feb 25 09:56:34 PST 2014

Hi,

since updating from systemd v208 to v209 my system has not been
able to properly come up, problem is my home partition (GPT,
btrfs, fstab) not being detected anymore. systemd stated to wait
for it but it never arrived. After being thrown to the emergency
mode I just did a `mount -a' and all partitions where properly
mounted.

I've bisected the issue to commit df32a1ca ("libudev: disable
monitor inside a container"), still I've got no idea why it fails
for my system. The kernel running (3.13.5) has got
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS and CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT enabled.

Anybody got an idea why it might fail for me or any hints to
further debug the issue?

Regards
Patrick