[systemd-devel] Multiseat session creation fail, VT number not 0

David Herrmann dh.herrmann at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 06:51:58 PST 2014

Hi

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 3:24 PM, Matthew Monaco <matt at 0x01b.net> wrote:
> I was having trouble getting a session on seat1 with v208, so I moved to git
> which has a nicer error message than EINVAL:
>
> pam_systemd(lightdm:session): Asking logind to create session: uid=1000 pid=637
> service=lightdm type=x11 class=user seat=seat1 vtnr=2 tty= display=:1 remote=no
> remote_user= remote_host=

Yeah, that vtnr=2 line is wrong. You really shouldn't set any VTNR if
seat!=seat0. I think the correct fix would be to set "vtnr=0" in
get_seat_from_display() in pam-module.c if we're not on seat0.

As Lennart changed that during the sd-bus transition (if I read the
history correctly..), maybe he can comment on that.

Another related commit is this:
  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/src/login?id=c506027af881a9e4210845a7a8a6ec5910aa0f3b
Which I am still not sure is the correct thing to do.

Thanks
David