[systemd-devel] [BUG] 8b255ecd99dfee

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Sat Jan 11 09:54:15 PST 2014

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 7:49 PM, Daniel Buch <boogiewasthere at gmail.com> wrote:
> bisect tells me this commit, 8b255ecd99dfee, causes gdm to crash when
> --enable-kdbus is configured and the kdbus module isn't loaded.
>
> Gdm starts but crashes and restarts as you enter your (correct)password.
>
> Is this correct? Or am i missing something?

Right, when the variable is exported, the graphical session will not
start dbus-dameon anymore, which looks like a crash. On Fedora, the
logic is in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/00-start-message-bus.sh.

I've added a quick check before the export, for kdbus being active, so
this should work again.

Thanks,
Kay