[systemd-devel] systemctl [en|dis]able weirdness + reload (writes /run/nologin)

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jan 13 03:30:31 PST 2014

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 13/01/14 11:16 did gyre and gimble:
> 2. This is the much odder part of the problem I'm seeing. The call to
> daemon_reload() at the end of the enable_unit() seems to trigger some
> kind of broken daemon reload that puts things into a bad state,
> including a stale /run/nologin file.
>
> I'm not sure WHY this does this, but it's very reliably reproducible. I
> have a native sysvinit script called numlock. All I need to do to
> trigger the bad state is "systemctl disable numlock". After the call,
> the systemd daemon is reloaded and it goes into this bad state
> completely with /run/nologin file.
>
> If I comment out call or use --no-reload, then all is well. If I call
> "systemctl daemon-reload" on it's own, all seems well. It just seems to
> be this reload call specifically at the end of enable_unit() that
> triggers the bad state.
>

> I'm going to try reverting some of the patches I have applied to see
> where I get with things, as I see Zbigniew backed a few out of fedora
> due to freeze rules, but I did also see some threads from Zbigniew about
> the whole /run/nologin, so I suspect he may be interested in this.

I reverted the same patches that were reverted in Fedora so our builds
should be quite similar.

I really hope fedora has this same issue otherwise my debugging just got
more confusing.

Zbigniew can you reproduce this on F20?

Col

--