[systemd-devel] [systemd-commits] 4 commits - .gitignore Makefile.am man/sd_bus_creds_get_pid.xml man/sd_bus_creds_new_from_pid.xml man/sd_bus_error.xml man/sd_bus_label_escape.xml man/sd_bus_message_get_cookie.xml man/sd_bus_new.xml man/sd_bus_open_user.xml man/sd_bus_request_name.xml src/libsystemd src/libsystemd-bus src/libsystemd-dhcp src/libsystemd-rtnl src/systemd TODO

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Mon Jan 13 17:00:01 PST 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 5:58 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
>>     libsystemd-bus: rename to libsystemd
>>
>>     Documentation was updated to refer to either 'libsystemd' or 'sd-bus' in place
>>     of libsystemd-bus.
> Eeeh, why? This new name suggests that this libary is for systemd
> functionality. But so far it is a generic. Also, we have
> libsystemd-daemon, libsystemd-id128, etc. As a consumer of the library,
> I'd much prefer to have it separated, if I'm using it for something not-systemd
> related.

We decided that all these libs will all end up in that one single .so,
also the journal.

Otherwise we will not be able to manage the cyclic deps all this will
create with logging and bus communication and name resolving.

This lib could be called differently, but it will be the same outcome.

Kay