[systemd-devel] consider renaming "-.slice"

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jan 16 02:57:37 PST 2014

'Twas brillig, and Holger Schurig at 16/01/14 10:27 did gyre and gimble:
> Oh, I confused that with the old /etc/systemd/systemd-journald.conf
> file, which was renamed.
>
> Kay, I only meant to special case the "/", e.g. let
> home-kay-data.mount be it like it is, but rename "-" to "root", so
> that it is "root.mount" and "root.slice".

The problem with special casing it to root.mount is that this would
prevent you having a /root mountpoint as it would also be encoded as
root.mount

So anything you special case it *to* has to be invalid in it's own
right. -.mount fits this bill, but not sure if anything else does...

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie