[systemd-devel] [systemd-commits] 4 commits - .gitignore Makefile.am man/sd_bus_creds_get_pid.xml man/sd_bus_creds_new_from_pid.xml man/sd_bus_error.xml man/sd_bus_label_escape.xml man/sd_bus_message_get_cookie.xml man/sd_bus_new.xml man/sd_bus_open_user.xml man/sd_bus_request_name.xml src/libsystemd src/libsystemd-bus src/libsystemd-dhcp src/libsystemd-rtnl src/systemd TODO

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 08:33:28 PST 2014

2014/1/16 Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbyszek at in.waw.pl>:
> I am also a bit worried about so-bumps: currently we have very nice backwards
> compatibility, without any API removals. -daemon, -id128, -journal, -login
> are all still .so.0. But libsystemd-bus (libsystemd now) is much harder to
> keep this way, among other reasons, because it's much bigger, and much more
> experimental.

I'd prefer if the libraries were kept separate, at least for the ones
for which it is possible without it beeing to painful.
At least libsytemd-daemon should imho be kept separate with a stable API/ABI.
We already have 10+ reverse dependencies of that library in Debian and
the list is constantly growing.
So not having to go through soname transitions affecting potentially
quite a few packages would definitely be a big plus.

universe are pointed away from Earth?