[systemd-devel] .socket in a network namespace

David Timothy Strauss david at davidstrauss.net
Sat Jan 18 20:02:35 PST 2014

JoinsNamespaceOf= probably only works for services because of how
namespace setup gets done just before forking off a process. I think a
socket get created in the namespace of the process instantiating it.

I'm not sure there's actually a way for PID 1 systemd to set up a
socket in a namespace other than its own. Maybe it could switch into
and back out of a namespace? One way would be running a new systemd in
the namespace where the socket should get set up.