[systemd-devel] networkd: Loosing nic's driver set functionality

Umut Tezduyar umut at tezduyar.com
Wed Jan 22 10:03:25 PST 2014

Hi Tom,

Making RTM_GETLINK and RTM_SETLINK asynchronously is causing
RTM_SETLINK to remove the nic's functionality. In my case, I am
loosing IFF_MULTICAST after networkd sets the interface up.

I am not sure if 5d4795f37229 can solve the problem but the only
documentation I found was stating ifi_change is reserved so I didn't
look in to it.

I have converted GETLINK call to sync and made sure SETLINK uses the
flags coming from GETLINK call. Attaching a patch for it. Please
ignore it if you can solve the problem in another way.

Thanks,
Umut