[systemd-devel] Set cgroup attributes not supported by systemd - what do you recommend?

Barry Scott barry.scott at onelan.co.uk
Thu Jan 23 03:55:53 PST 2014

I am running systemd 208 on Fedora 20.

There are 2 cpu cgroup attributes that I need to set to allow realtime for
some daemons: cpu.rt_period_us and cpu.rt_runtime_us.

For the memory cgroup I need to set memory.memsw.limit_in_bytes for one of
my slices.

Do you plan to add support for setting these attributes in a future systemd
update?

Until there is support I could have a .service run code to setup the
attributes for the .slice's before services that need the changes.

Would that be a suitable workaround until there is support in systemd?

Barry