[systemd-devel] Allow stop jobs to be killed during shutdown

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 07:44:17 PST 2014

> However, something like that can never be the default, we need to give
> services the chance to shut down cleanly and in the right order.

I didn't ask for any change to any default, I just asked for
users to be able to make the shutdown process proceed when
they have more information than systemd has about the chances
of success of some random stop job.

Without that, what you *will* get is people pulling the
power plug which has a vastly greater chance of screwing up
the system than not waiting for a single stop job.