[systemd-devel] How can this be done with systemd

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Sat Jan 25 07:05:29 PST 2014

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 09:29:18AM +0000, Roelof Wobben wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to port systemd to a live distro.
> The biggest problem is that they work with modules.
>
> So before the start up can be processed all the modules needs to
> be packed out and copied to memory.
systemd-modules-load.service(8) will load the modules, but of course
won't unpack them. You'll have to do it yourself. Probably adding
a separate .service with DefaultDependencies=no, Before=systemd-modules-load.service,
and installed as wanted by systemd-modules-load.service which
unpacks the modules is the way to do it.

Zbyszek