[systemd-devel] release early, release often and systemd

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Jan 28 04:55:46 PST 2014

On Tue, 28.01.14 12:46, Michał Piotrowski (mkkp4x4 at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The latest version of systemd - v208 was released 118 days ago. There is
> tremendous amount of changes between v208 and master.
>
> Is there any roadmap for a new release? What's the current systemd release
> process?

THis wasn't supposed to take this long, but the kdbus changes resulted
in massive porting work, and we needed some time to to finish that
work. I wished I could say that this was complete now and we could
release next week, but there are some non-trivial issues with git right
now, so that I don't think this is going to happen.

We are working on it. But don't hold your breath.