[systemd-devel] systemd-fsck-root semantics

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jul 2 06:09:29 PDT 2014

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 02/07/14 14:07 did gyre and gimble:
> I guess that as most people use initramfs', an extra
> ConditionPathExists!=/run/initfamfs/skip-root-fsck wouldn't go astray,
> and dracut+co could learn to touch that file if they've properly
> analysed and taken care of root fsck'ing for you.
>
> There may of course be much nicer ways!

Actually there is nothing stopping dracut and co creating a
/run/systemd/system/systemd-fsck-root.service symlink to /dev/null...
that would achieve much the same result, although arguably may be less
obvious to a user wondering why their fsck is "not being run".

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie