[systemd-devel] ERRNO parameter in NOTIFY_SOCKET (request for patch review)

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Jul 3 05:25:40 PDT 2014

On Thu, 03.07.14 05:38, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo (mangelajo at redhat.com) wrote:

>   I was trying to make use of the ERRNO message in the NOTIFY_SOCKET
> mechanism, to signal services that were running on degraded mode
> but didn't exit.
>
> I discovered that it wasn't implemented [1], so I wrote
> a patch [2]

Idea is good!

I'd prefer if we could handle this similar to how we handle the status
text string that can be sent via the socket.

i.e. introduce a new dbus property "StatusErrNo", place it next to the
existing "StatusText", and call the field in the C "Service" struct
"status_errno", and put it next to "status_text", and so on...

Thanks!