[systemd-devel] file-hierarchy. user persistent data dir.

Ivan Romanov drizt at land.ru
Thu Jul 3 22:38:25 PDT 2014

Hello.

Now specification defines system variable persistent data dir (/var) but not
defines similar directory for user data. I developer of Psi+ (IM client)  when
I was implementing XDG Base Directory Specification was questions where should
be saved user conversation history. How I understand ~/.config is used for any
settings of application, ~/.local/share is analogue of /usr/share, ~/.cache
for data which always can be regenerated and can be freely removed. So no one
from these dirs is not suitable for saving user data which is generating by
application and needest only in this application on this machine (user
conversation history for example).

So I would like to see Persistent Variable User Data Directory in
specification.