[systemd-devel] SIT tunnel does not work

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Mon Jul 14 02:18:43 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 9:43 PM, Tomasz Torcz <tomek at pipebreaker.pl> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 01:05:22PM +0200, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
>> he.netdev:
>> ----------
>> [NetDev]
>> Name=he
>> Kind=sit
>>
>> [Tunnel]
>> Local=109.107.25.67
>> Remote=216.66.80.162
>>

>> he.network:
>> -----------
>> [Match]
>> Name=enp5s0
>>
>> [Network]
>> Tunnel=he
>> Address=2001:470:70:68d::2/64
>>
>> $ SYSTEMD_LOG_LEVEL=debug /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd
>> timestamp of '/etc/systemd/network' changed
>>              lan: creating netdev
>>              lan: loaded bridge
>>               he: loaded sit
>> sd-rtnl: discarding 20 bytes of incoming message
>

>   Can anyone share examples of _working_ SIT tunnel configuration?

Hi Tomasz,

I just tried with your configuration with current git and it works for
me. Note that your kernel may not yet have received the module
autoloading patch for the tunnel modules (these have been applied to
all currently maintained upstream kernels, but may not have percolated
down to you yet). In that case a manual "modprobe sit" is necessary
before networkd is started.

Cheers,

Tom