[systemd-devel] systemd-networkd fails to get DHCPv4 lease with disabled IPv6

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Jul 15 08:33:28 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 8:06 PM, David Timothy Strauss
<david at davidstrauss.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
>> "yes" is a synonym for "both" and "no" for "none".
>
> These are odd semantics, given that IPv6 is completely configurable
> using router advertisements for even DNS information (that is, no DHCP
> whatsoever). Perhaps the option should be Autoconfig= with options for
> DHCPv4, DHCPv6, and RA and "yes" meaning all?

I see where you are coming from, but if we conflate too many options
it will get messy to specify all combinations (if you want RA+DHCPv4,
but not DHCPv6, or DHCPv6+RA, but not DHCPv4, and so on and so forth).
So I'm inclined to leave this as specifying DHCP only, and introduce a
new switch for enabling/disabling RA when we get the necessary
support.

Cheers,

Tom