[systemd-devel] Misc patches from the Debian systemd package

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 06:14:59 PDT 2014

On 07/16/2014 01:05 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:

>> >Given that there already has been Debian developer involved with
>> >pushing and integrating systemd into Debian so I have to ask are you
>> >sure these patches are not downstream with Debian simply because
>> >they are Debian specific or atleast at this point I would think they
>> >would have been submitted and merged already if they where not...
> Hi Jóhann,
>
> Kay already merged a few from this series. As for the other ones,
> revisiting them might give Debian the necessary energy to get rid of
> them. This seems like a useful exercise.

It should not come as a surprise to anyone given that Debian has such an
diverse user base that there exist mass hacks in the distribution to
please them all so filtering is needed/expected before things are being
submitted upstream hence one would think they as in the Debian systemd
team would have collaborated/communicated better amongst themselves
before mass pushing downstream carried patches upstream so only the
*relevant* upstream patches would be pushed.

Perhaps next time ;)

JBG