[systemd-devel] sysusers and login.defs checks

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 24 06:16:56 PDT 2014

Colin Guthrie wrote on 24/07/14 13:32:
> If direct
> parsing is NAKed perhaps it could just shell out to a
> systemd-sysusers-getnewuserdetails command which spat out a uid:gid pair
> (and took an optional --system argument), that way the parsing logic
> only needs to live in one place.

This bit, of course, is braindead! If this is done at all, it should be
via an API in libsystemd. I think my brain was suggesting that a binary
was somehow OK if such a library API didn't want to be officially
blessed, but that's just broken reasoning - such a binary is an API as
much as a library call would be.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie