[systemd-devel] Changing configurations with networkd

Brendan Hide brendan at swiftspirit.co.za
Fri Jul 25 02:00:27 PDT 2014

On 24/07/14 14:05, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> [snip]
>> ... you already are getting
>> assigned the correct IP address at first, and then only later does
>> this change. What is causing your DHCP server to send out a different
>> IP address later on, I don't know, but it seems unlikely that this is
>> anything we can fix in the client.
> I have my doubts as well here. Seems like a misconfigured DHCP server.

I feel like I'm flogging a dead horse - on the other hand it is
twitching just that little bit more than I'm comfortable with. ;)

Since Michael specified that he has configured the DHCP lease to last
only 10 minutes, it stands to reason that he is getting the new
*different* IP address after ten minutes. This time period is highly
unusual - but for testing purposes appropriate. So far there is nothing
to suggest that the DHCP server is doing anything wrong.

Michael, can you confirm the above?