[systemd-devel] lastlog and friends

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Jul 29 12:32:01 PDT 2014

On Tue, 29.07.14 14:51, Reindl Harald (h.reindl at thelounge.net) wrote:

> please keep in mind that on servers "Storage=volatile" and forward
> to classic rsyslog is common and that won't change - so whatever
> you read from journal are only recent entries which won't survive
> a reboot

Well, whatever.

If you turn off local journal storage, you get no local journal storage,
and your login history stored within it will be truncated. But that's
completely OK and simply what the admin configured. I see no reason to
duplicate everything in utmp because some folks disable local
storage...