[systemd-devel] [SOLVED] systemd-networkd & could not find udev device

Raimonds Cicans ray at apollo.lv
Wed Jul 30 09:40:51 PDT 2014

On 30.07.2014 19:21, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 8:38 AM, Raimonds Cicans <ray at apollo.lv> wrote:
>> I found who is guilty: option CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_SYSFS_RESTRICT of grsecurity
>> linux kernel patch
>> This option restricts /sys file system for non root users
> Thanks for tracking this down.

I have 2 similar systems with systemd.
One affected with this problem and other not affected.
On affected system systemd-networkd runs under systemd user.
On other system systemd-networkd runs under root user.
Can you explain why two similar systems use different users for
systemd-networkd?

Raimonds Cicans