[systemd-devel] Restarting from inside systemd-nspawn container results in deactivation

Jonathan Liu net147 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 18:47:39 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am using systemd 212 on Arch Linux 64-bit with the following patch applied:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=d8e40d62ab871a87fde421c4b246bb45bc3cbe2d

I have systemd-nspawn at mycontainer service enabled and started for my container.
If I SSH into the container and run the reboot command, the container
reboots successfully and I can SSH into it again.
However if I run systemctl status systemd-nspawn at mycontainer on the
host, I notice the Active status changes from "Active: active
(running)" to "Active: deactivating (stop-sigterm)". After about a
minute and a half, systemd kills the container and my SSH connection
is lost.

Any ideas on how to proceed with fixing it so the container isn't
killed when reboot is issued inside the container?

Regards,
Jonathan