[systemd-devel] Setup autologin tty

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Jun 6 06:47:33 PDT 2014

On Tue, 03.06.14 13:15, Mateusz Malicki (m.malicki2 at samsung.com) wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am working on system running in lxc container that use systemd.
>
> On host user session (uid=5000) starts automatically but in container I have
> following error message:
>

> May 12 00:18:15 localhost user-session-launch[110]:
> pam_systemd(login:session): Asking logind to create session: uid=5000
> pid=110 service=login type=tty class=user seat=seat0 vtnr=1 tty=tty1
> display= remote=no remote_user= remote_host=

exposing the VT subsystem to a container makes little sense. logind only
works if you have the full VT system, including files such as
/sys/class/tty/tty0/active, /dev/vcs* together, with udev events, the
right ioctls and whatnot. Just mounting some pty's to /dev/tty1 will not
work.

Some container managers set up an incomplete /dev/tty[1..6] setup,
that's just bogus, and not supported in systemd.

Also see:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ContainerInterface/