[systemd-devel] FixMe need a coredump HOOK

Leslie Zhai xiangzhai83 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 22:49:53 PDT 2014

Hi systemd developers,

I am a newbie of systemd, and I only read some source code such as
systemd-timedated for SetTime && SetTimezone via dbus interface :)

And at present I need to develop a bug reporter frontend named FixMe
https://github.com/AOSC-Dev/FixMe

So I read about systemd-journald for being familiar with it :)
and I just print out dump_list thanks to SD_JOURNAL_FOREACH_XXX
https://github.com/AOSC-Dev/FixMe/blob/master/test/qinotify/qinotify.cpp#L68

But I do NOT know how to hook coredump in user space...
I simply cat /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern
|/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-coredump %p %u %g %s %t %e

Then systemd-coredump collector will be called (HOOKed), for example,
BANG ... segfault occured in user or kernel space. but there is NO dbus
interface provided for other App such as bug reporter frontend. so I
have to inotify /var/log/journal/SUBDIR
https://github.com/AOSC-Dev/FixMe/blob/master/test/qinotify/qinotify.cpp#L99

Please someone give me some advice, how to hook coredump in user/kernel
space based on systemd or other LIB, thanks a lot!

PS: what a PITY!!! I missed Lennart Poettering speech in 2014 GNOME
Asia, I would ask the (or some) question directly in the meeting!
Welcome to Beijing for HAPPY HACKING :)

Regards,
Leslie Zhai <xiang.zhai at i-soft.com.cn>