[systemd-devel] systemd-213: regression with zram

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 21:51:40 PDT 2014

Hello.

I have upgraded systemd from 212 to 213 on two my Gentoo boxes, and see
the same regression here: zram swap space does not get activated. It
looks like systemd tries to activate swap before the RUN+=mkswap part of
the udev rule finishes.

Here are the relevant lines from my configuration files. Are they indeed
supposed to work, or were working only by pure luck?

$ cat /etc/modules-load.d/zram.conf
zram

$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/zram.conf
options zram num_devices=4

$ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/01-zram.rules
KERNEL=="zram[0-9]", SUBSYSTEM=="block", DRIVER=="", ACTION=="add",
ATTR{disksize}=="0", ATTR{disksize}="1536M", RUN+="/sbin/mkswap
$env{DEVNAME}"

$ grep zram /etc/fstab
/dev/zram0 none            swap            pri=10,discard  0 0
/dev/zram1 none            swap            pri=10,discard  0 0
/dev/zram2 none            swap            pri=10,discard  0 0
/dev/zram3 none            swap            pri=10,discard  0 0

--
Alexander E. Patrakov