[systemd-devel] systemd-network-wait-online symlinks to systemd-networkd

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Mon Jun 9 01:12:35 PDT 2014

Hi Dave,

On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Dave Reisner <d at falconindy.com> wrote:
> Commit 2dcf7ec6ec added the following to Makefile.am:
>
> +GENERAL_ALIASES += \
> +       $(systemunitdir)/systemd-networkd.service $(pkgsysconfdir)/system/multi-user.target.wants/systemd-networkd.service \
> +       $(systemunitdir)/systemd-networkd.service $(pkgsysconfdir)/system/network-online.target.wants/systemd-networkd-wait-online.service
>
> Which, of course, results in systemd-networkd-wait-online being a
> symlink to systemd-networkd.  This doesn't seem correct at all.
> Shouldn't it link to systemd-networkd-wait-online.service?

Indeed, that's a copy-paste error. Feel free to fix up, or I'll do it
when I get home tonight.

> On a related topic, could we please stop shipping hardcoded symlinks in
> /etc in favor of documented reccomendations for downstream packagers?

I believe the aim here is to make "./autogen.sh c && make && sudo make
install" give the "recommended" installation. I suppose one
alternative would be to ship some preset instead (and hook into that
from make install) which should be simpler to drop from the package?

-t