[systemd-devel] no fsck at boot

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 11:45:59 PDT 2014

10.06.2014 00:04, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 09.06.2014 17:05, schrieb Colin Guthrie:
>> 'Twas brillig, and Reindl Harald at 08/06/14 13:59 did gyre and gimble:
>>> "touch /forcefsck" leads in deprecated warnings but in fact at least
>>> on Fedora 19 *you need it* because the fsck don't happen otherwise
>>>
>>> for sure, the last reboot of the machine below complaind too
>>> so why don't it happen at boot?
>>
>> Via what mechanism did you trigger the fsck at boot (other than
>> /forcefsck)? e.g. did you pass fsck.mode=force on the kernel command
>> line (as the deprecated warning suggests)? Did this not trigger things
>> correctly?
>
> uhm you stripped the relevant part of my message
>
> * the filesystem has reached the time for next fsck
> * the kernel says it's time
> * before systemd did happended automatically
> * that is why ext4 defines the fsck interval at all

Please paste your /etc/fstab file. If it has "0 0" as the last two
fields, then, of course, systemd will not call fsck. If there are
different numbers there, sure, let's debug.

Also, now the entity that is supposed to check your root filesystem is
dracut. Are you using it? Does the problem go away if you regenerate
your initramfs?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov