[systemd-devel] Where does systemd store coredumps?

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 01:59:36 PDT 2014

(Ahh, critical boot components that depend on Perl. And to think people
complain about systemd.)

systemd installs a /usr/lib/sysctl.d/*-coredump.conf which changes
kernel.core_pattern so that the dumps are written to the journal.

You can override it through /etc/sysctl.d to put the dumps in, for example,
/var/log/core.%p.%c or /dev/null.

Usually Perl 5.20 crashes mean that you have some old binary Perl modules
that haven't been recompiled for 5.20 (usually AUR or CPAN).

--
Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com>
// sent from phone