[systemd-devel] How to quiet cron sessions logging with systemd-212?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Jun 10 03:20:57 PDT 2014

On Mon, 09.06.14 09:33, Leho Kraav (leho at kraav.com) wrote:

> After upgrading systemd 208 -> 212, every single cron job creates
> this flood in systemd journal:

> Can I quiet this down somehow?

The idea with the journal is that we log everything that happens on the
system, without exceptions, without hiding anything. And filtering is
then applied when you view things, based on the big pool of data you
have. This can be annoying, of course, but I am so very sure we should't
suppress these things, because soemtimes they are useful to know about.

journalctl has powerful filtering capabilities, we have them to make
this huge datase palatable...