[systemd-devel] systemd not initializing

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 00:11:57 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 9:24 AM, Jay D Bhatt <jay.bhatt at igate.com> wrote:
> Hi Mantas,
>
> The systemd_loglevel=console doesn't work either. So, I tried the command of strace which you suggested. I have taken the log of that output. Please find attached output file.

Hmm, did you use `exec`, and the -D option with strace? Could you try
again making sure that both of them are in your command?

Also, if you boot with init=/bin/sh and run `echo $$` in the early
shell, does it output PID "1" or something else?

(systemd is an init system and wants to have PID 1, so stracing it is
somewhat harder. In your log, it doesn't even attempt to boot because
of different PID, so the log isn't particularly useful.)

--
Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com>