[systemd-devel] Slow startup of systemd-journal on BTRFS

Kai Krakow hurikhan77 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 07:03:10 PDT 2014

Goffredo Baroncelli <kreijack at libero.it> schrieb:

> On 06/14/2014 12:59 PM, Kai Krakow wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> I think that systemd is even one of the early supporters of btrfs because
>> it will defragment readahead files on boot from btrfs.
>
> In know that systemd does readahead, but it is the first time that I heard
> that it does defrag too. Could you elaborate ?

Look at src/readahead/readahead-collect.c. It works for btrfs and ext4. With
ext4 it will also relocate the files. Not sure if it does for btrfs. If it
does, the question is: where to relocate in a multi devices file system?

That means, you have to enable systemd-readahead-collect, tho.

--
Replies to list only preferred.