[systemd-devel] Slow startup of systemd-journal on BTRFS

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Jun 15 15:43:34 PDT 2014

On Sat, 14.06.14 12:59, Kai Krakow (hurikhan77 at gmail.com) wrote:

> Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> schrieb:
>
> > As they say, "Whoosh!"
> >
> > At least here, I interpreted that remark as primarily sarcastic
> > commentary on the systemd devs' apparent attitude, which can be
> > (controversially) summarized as: "Systemd doesn't have problems because
> > it's perfect.  Therefore, any problems you have with systemd must instead
> > be with other components which systemd depends on."
>
> Come on, sorry, but this is fud. Really... ;-)

Interestingly, I never commented on anything in this area, and neither
did anybody else from the systemd side afaics. THe entire btrfs defrag
thing i wasn't aware of before this thread started on the system ML a
few days ago. I am not sure where you take your ideas about our
"attitude" from. God, with behaviour like that you just make us ignore
you, Duncan.