[systemd-devel] [hybrid-sleep] hibernation delay

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Jun 20 06:24:06 PDT 2014

On Fri, 13.06.14 18:54, Tom Sherpen (tomsherpen at mail.com) wrote:

>    Hi,
>
>    I am wondering if hybrid-sleep could support a hibernation delay, similar
>    to what is found in pm-utils [1]
>
>    Thus, you would be able to first suspend, with the machine going
>    automatically into hibernation after a certain amount of time.
>
>    Is support for such a hibernation delay planned for the future?

This is currently not implemented. We could certainly add something like
this to the systemd-sleep binary, however, I am not entirely sure how to
do this reliably: if we do this in userspace, and first set up a timer
that will resume the machine, then go to suspend, how do we figure out
after resume whether we resumed because of this timer (and hence we
should go to hibernation, immediately) or because of some user activity?