[systemd-devel] Systemd stops

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jun 23 06:23:31 PDT 2014

'Twas brillig, and Jay D Bhatt at 23/06/14 11:28 did gyre and gimble:
> My systemd stops indefinitely at this point:
>
> [  OK  ] Reached target Login Prompts.

Just as a quick "is it plugged in?" type check, have you configured
anything that would perhaps conflict with getty at tty1?

I mean, unless you actually run a getty prompt on tty1, then this is
pretty much the last output I'd expect to see. This doesn't mean that
systemd has "stopped" or anything, just that it's finished it's boot
sequence.and it's pretty much ready. The only difference is that there
is not an actual getty looking for input on tty1!

Simply switching to tty2 might make it magically launch getty at tty2 and
let you log in there.

It's quite typical that e.g. a graphical login manager would conflict
with getty at tty1, but perhaps that isn't working for you and thus causing
this weird effect as a result.

Worth checking before banging head too much against the brick wall :D

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie