[systemd-devel] systemd-213: regression with zram

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 23:34:50 PDT 2014

24.06.2014 12:22, Minchan Kim wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry for the late response.

Better late than never.

> If I parse your problem correctly, you meant that changing disksize is
> failed while someone opens /dev/zram0?
>
> I tried test which opens "/dev/zram0" with O_RDWR and sleep forever
> and then echo $((512<<20)) > /sys/block/zram0/disksize is successful.
> IOW, it's okay with me.

No, this is only a part of the problem. A valid test would be:

0. Reset the unused zram device.
1. Use a program that opens /dev/zram0 with O_RDWR and sleeps until killed.
2. While that program sleeps, echo the correct value to
/sys/block/zram0/disksize.
3. Verify (e.g. in /proc/partitions) that the disk size is applied
correctly. It is.
4. While that program still sleeps, attempt to mkswap /dev/zram0. This
fails:

mkswap: error: swap area needs to be at least 40 KiB

There is nothing in dmesg.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov