[systemd-devel] regression in a4a878d0 (units: introduce network-pre.target...)

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jun 30 04:10:56 PDT 2014

On Sun, 29.06.14 16:25, Tom Gundersen (teg at jklm.no) wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 6:36 AM, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
> <vmlinuz386 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Looks like this commit also changes a unrelated file
> > (units/local-fs.target) reverting the commit 40f862e3 (filesystem
> > targets: disable default dependencies)
> >
> > The side effect, at least in my case is that the "nofail" option in both
> > "crypttab" and "fstab" has partial effect does the default timeout
> > instead of continue normal boot without timeout.
>

> Looks like a bug, so I reverted that hunk. Lennart, care to double check?

Humm, not following here. Quite frankly I don't even understand
40f862e3... It soudns like a hack to disable defaultdeps on the targets,
just so that we can leave them set for mount units.

I mean, why would mount units be pulled in by local-fs.target, without
being ordered before them? And if that's OK, then why aren't they the
ones that get defaultdependencies=no?

Can somebody who made the commit 40f862e3 tell me what that was about?
I'd like to revert this, looks really wrong to me.