[systemd-devel] [systemd-commits] 5 commits - Makefile-man.am man/daemon.xml man/file-hierarchy.xml tmpfiles.d/systemd.conf

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jun 30 12:35:51 PDT 2014

On Mon, 30.06.14 21:28, Kay Sievers (kay at vrfy.org) wrote:

> > Note that the concept of lib64 is actually encoded in systemd now, since
> > nspawn and PID 1 when switching roots will actually create /lib64 as
> > symlink to /usr/lib64 should the latter exist. That scheme should be
> > compatible with both Fedora's and Debin's multilib design.
>
> There is only the tuple-dir in /usr, seems, our current factory-setup
> will not work on Debian. We probably should change the logic to
> $libdir instead of looking for /usr/lib64.

Not following? I mean, the x86-64 ABI practically requires /lib64 to
exist (does any other ABI?), how would you decide when to create it?
#idef __x86_64__? And then always link it to $libdir?

> > I tried to weasel myself out of the situation by clarifying that the the
> > dir should only exist in case of the ABI requiring that.
> >
> > Not sure how we could improve the situation... Suggestions?
>
> I guess we should just not define /usr/lib64, it is just not strictly
> needed vor the ABI or compat.

THis is so fucking broken. I mean, how should we ever be able to tell
people where to place their stuff if the distros can't even agree on the
ABI... meh.