[systemd-devel] [systemd-commits] 5 commits - Makefile-man.am man/daemon.xml man/file-hierarchy.xml tmpfiles.d/systemd.conf

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jun 30 14:38:16 PDT 2014

On Mon, 30.06.14 12:56, Filipe Brandenburger (filbranden at google.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Kay Sievers <kay at vrfy.org> wrote:
> > We should find out when we need to create /lib64 --> $libdir, grr ... :)
>
> Problem is that $libdir is relevant for the host distribution but
> might not be for the one running inside the nspawn'd namespace.
>
> Consider the case where you're running Fedora but use debootstrap to
> create a Debian tree and systemd-nspawn to run a process in it.
> $libdir will make sense in Fedora, not in Debian...
>
> Maybe it should try both and figure out which one of them exists?
>
> Or default to $libdir and allow an override for the cross-distro cases.

Hmm, I am tempted to say that we should add a logic to this that just
checks the few debian-style arch tuples we know of, plus fedora-style
lib64, and if any of them exist, we create a lib64 symlink to them. The
table should be relatively short I think. Ugly that we need this, but
maintainable.

With that in place we should allow cross-distro nspawn I figure.