[systemd-devel] [RFC/PATCH] tmpfiles: implement --transform=rpm

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Sat Mar 1 21:14:58 PST 2014

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 3:06 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbyszek at in.waw.pl> wrote:
> +               "     --transform=rpm       Create files list suitable for RPM %%files section\n"

Hmm, can't we maybe come up with something that isn't specific to rpm
or dpkg, something that is easily parsed but not bound to the
internals of the format of the files?

It sounds like the-wrong-way-around to encode packaging formats into
high-level systemd tools. In the end, both formats are really a blast
from the past, and represent the status quo, but are surely not the
future of how packaging of of a modern Linux system should look like,
so it might be nicer to make it generic?

Kay