[systemd-devel] binding tmpfiles.d to unit startup

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Mar 2 14:55:38 PST 2014

On Sat, 01.03.14 20:18, Tom Gundersen (teg at jklm.no) wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I vaguely remember that we exactly had this discussion a while ago.
> >>

> >> Argh, yes, possibly. The dangers of getting older...
> >>
> >> Unfortunately I'm not able to find it in the archives right now.
> >
> > Found it: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-July/011956.html
>
> And a bit further down that thread there was this proposal from Lennart
> (which doesn't seem far from what Colin wants):
> <http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-July/012024.html>.

I am still open for this btw. If somebody wants to hack on that, I
figure this should simply be addded to ExecContext, as a strv of
directory names. In exec_spawn() we'd then just create all those dirs,
right after resolving the UID/GID. When running in system mode we'd then
create the dirs in /run, when running user mode in $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR.

Should be a ~20 line patch or so...