[systemd-devel] binding tmpfiles.d to unit startup

Holger Schurig holgerschurig at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 06:48:14 PST 2014

Make it more user friendly (e.g. without an open man page). Instead of

>     u root 0
>     g mail /usr/bin/procmail
>     g tty /usr/bin/write
>     d /var/lib/foobar 664 root root
>     c /etc/sudoers /usr/share/sudo/sudoers.default

user root 0
setgroup mail /usr/bin/procmail

... and so on.

Hmm, that gave me one thougth: if systemd starts as PID 1 and no
/etc/passwd etc doesn't exist, I can very well understand that, when
compiled with --enable-privioning, it should create those things. But
the "c "-line could be happily handled by a shell script. So my
proposal is to only add things into systemd-provision that absolutely
must be done by pid 1, because without it /bin/dash or most user-space
won't run. But then systemd-provision should just execute provision
shell scripts in /lib/systemd/provision.d (or similar). No need to
re-create "cp", for example. Also it gives overall a bigger
flexibility.