[systemd-devel] StartTransientService problems

Barry Scott barry.scott at onelan.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 01:55:22 PST 2014

On Wed 05 Mar 2014 04:47:13 Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Tue, 25.02.14 17:59, Barry Scott (barry.scott at onelan.co.uk) wrote:
> > > Which should make them available via the bus for transient units. If you
> > > need other props like this, just let me know and I'll add them too...
> >
> > I just tried to set LimitCORE and that was rejected. Can you add this and
> > the other related LimitXXX items please?
>
> Done, in git.

Thanks.

I did not find detailed docs on how to call StartTransientUnit()
I have been reading the systemd sources to figure out the signatures of the
call and its parameters. Did I miss API documentation?

I would like to test these changes but I have failed to update a F20
system to newer code drops. Do you plan to have a F20 build of the
newer systemd at least for testing?

> I also updated "systemd-run" to take arbitrary settable properties with
> a new "-p" switch to set on the unit that is created. I used that as a
> testcase for LimitCORE and friends. But this enables a lot of other cool
> things:
>
>   # systemd-run -p BlockIOWeight=10 updatedb
>
> Is an awesome way to run updatedb in the background without taking much
> resources, totally cgroup-enabled...
>
> Lennart

Barry