[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd 211

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Mar 12 02:23:26 PDT 2014

Am 12.03.2014 01:30, schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> Heya!
>
> Many bugfixes, and a number of new features:
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/systemd-211.tar.xz

Nice.

> CHANGES WITH 211:
>
> [...]
>
>         * systemd-gpt-auto-generator is now able to discover /srv and
>           root partitions in addition to /home and swap partitions. It
>           also supports LUKS-encrypted partitions now. With this in
>           place automatic discovery of partitions to mount following
>           the Discoverable Partitions Specification
>           (http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/DiscoverablePartitionsSpec)
>           is now a lot more complete. This allows booting without
>           /etc/fstab and without root= on the kernel command line on
>           appropriately prepared systems.

I had no time to look into this yet, but there's something wrong. I
don't have GPT partitions on this machine (so the generator shouldn't do
anyting), but I get an error during boot:

[    4.634733] evey systemd-gpt-auto-generator[226]: Out of memory.

I do have plenty of free memory available, so there is probably an
incorrect log_oom() somewhere in there.