[systemd-devel] Passing variables from udev to unit

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Mar 13 15:53:45 PDT 2014

Hey,

I have a service file wacom-inputattach at .service that is started from a udev
rule:

  SUBSYSTEM=="tty|pnp", KERNEL=="ttyS[0-9]*", ATTRS{id}=="WACf*",
  TAG+="systemd", ENV{SYSTEMD_WANTS}+="wacom-inputattach@%k.service"

and the service file then runs:

  ExecStart=/usr/bin/inputattach -w8001 /dev/%I

That works fine, but now I need to pass a second parameter into the service
file. Ideally I want to run something like:

  ExecStart=/usr/bin/inputattach --baud $BAUD -w8001 /dev/%I

I can set the baud rate based on ATTRS{id} in the udev rule, I just don't
know if there is a way to pass this to the service file. Is there a way to
do this or do I need to write a wrapper?

Cheers,
   Peter